Last Updated on 15 April 2011
meson Institutes are Chinese Government accredited magnet schools
schools that offer Chinese secondary students language and curriculum instruction.
At present, Ameson Institutes provide grades 10-12 California curriculum
and Advanced Placement (AP)
courses within 15 of the highest-ranking elite public high schools in the eastern China region.
Click here for a directory of our partner high schools plus region maps.
The essential purpose of Ameson Institute programs is to bring western characteristics into the Chinese education system, for sake of preparing students to pursue undergraduate studies overseas in North America, Europe and Oceania.
Ameson Institutes are supported and affiliated with the Ameson Education and Culture Exchange Foundation
(AECEF), a not-for-profit, non-governmental organization founded in 1994. Dr. Boutros Boutros Ghali, the former UN Secretary General serves as its honorary Chairman.
Living and working conditions
The Ameson Institute employs western teachers (from the US, UK and Oceania) to teach AP subject teachers (physics, math, biology, world history, English Literature) plus IELTS and SAT courses.
- AP courses: Traditionally, AP courses are for American students to pursue college-level work while still in secondary school and receive college credit, advanced academic standing, or both. Ameson's American High School Program – by request of government-level Chinese educators (municipal, provincial and national) – are designed to allow Chinese students to enjoy the same benefits while studying in China.
- Daily classes: Classes operate like conventional American high school classes and are taught 100% in English by a combination of Chinese and western teachers. Class sizes are limited to a maximum of 30 students.
- Quality of students: The standards for entry into this program are very high. Thus, the students you will be teaching are among the best and the brightest in China. All of them have forgone the option of preparing for the GAOKAO exam (required to gain entry into Chinese universities) which means that they are 100% committed to pursuing undergraduate degrees overseas.
- Management: Program coordination is handled from the Ameson Institue's Operations headquarters (located in Nanjing, Jiangsu), while day-to-day operations are done in collaboration with on-site Ameson coordinators and fellow Ameson teachers.
- Living conditions: Teachers have the option of living on-campus (free) or off-campus (a housing stipend is provided).
Ameson Institute teaching jobs are well-paid by Chinese standards and our benefits package and support structure is among the best in China. Here is an overview of the benefits:
- Fully furnished modern apartment provided on campus at no cost (including a high speed Internet connection). Alternatively, teachers have the option of living off campus and receiving a monthly housing allowance on top of their teaching salary.
- All teachers get their own desk space and Internet-connected computer at the school to help with their class preparation.
- International travel allowance of up to USD $800, reimbursed upon completion of a 1-year teaching contract.
- Support services provided by faculty and staff includes: translation assistance; travel planning; visa procurement; emergency assistance.
- Pick-up at the airport upon arrival in China.
- A one-week induction and training period prior to the beginning of your classes.
- Significant opportunities to explore Chinese culture and travel throughout China.
Apply for a teaching job
To apply for a position with the Ameson Institute of Foreign Languages, please send the following by email to
, by fax to +86-25-84274853, by Skype at ameson0258, or via MSN at
- Your detailed CV
- A scanned copy of your passport
- A scanned copy of your university degree and teaching credentials
- Any other information bearing on your educational background and experience that is relevant to your application